This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to secure an amazing property in one of the most tightly held and highly sought-after suburbs in Darwin.
Located a few steps from the Fannie Bay Race Course, 5 Cooper st Fannie Bay is perfectly located within the catchment area for the Parap Primary School and Darwin Middle and High Schools.
* The classic - “worst home in the best street” situation with the added bonus of being in one of the best suburbs in Darwin.
* Ripe for serious renovation
* Great location - Short walk through to Fannie Bay Race Course, catchment area for the Parap Primary School, Darwin Middle & High Schools, Parap Village
* Within an easy bike ride to Fannie Bay foreshore and Lake Alexander
* Home is an elevated "Boomerang" shaped design with 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
* Fully fenced 925m2 block that comes with a garden shed
* Upstairs is a large open living and dining area
* Older style but functional kitchen with wrap around counters and overhead storage
* Bathroom includes bath tub and sep toilet
* Perfect for the renovator seeking location and lifestyle
* Auction on site 7th October 11am (Unless sold prior)
* Terms: 10% Deposit payable by successful bidder (unless otherwise agreed)
* Settlement: 45 days from date of contract
* Lot: 3127 Town of Darwin
* Size: 925m2
* Zoning: SD (Single Dwelling)
* Easements: Nil known
* UCV: $660,000 (2014)
* Rates: $1,600 pa (approx)
* House Built: Circa 1957
* House Size: 100m2 (approx.)
* Certificates: House: Pre 1975 issued 10/03/1986 | Shed: 15m2 - Coded 1/04/1987
* Current lease in place until October 2017
* Current rental: $350pw
The home is protected from the street with a screen of tropical gardens and a low slung fence with gated entry that leads through a winding driveway to the under home parking space. The property is in desperate need of renovation so be prepared when you inspect.
Upstairs timber flooring span underfoot and there are banks of louvered windows throughout allowing for excellent cross-flow ventilation. The living and dining areas area spacious and the kitchen sits separately and offers wrap around counters and bench space with overhead storage too.
Each of the three bedrooms is a good size and includes a built in robe space for storage along with timber flooring and walls of louvers. The bathroom is basic and includes a bath tub and small vanity with a separate toilet facility.
Under the home is a concrete slab with plenty of space for storage, parking or outdoor entertaining. There is an exposed laundry overlooking a well shaded yard and a handy garden shed.
The property is ready for your extensive renovation ideas and could be transformed into a working family home with a bit of ingenuity and creative flair. The location certainly lessens the risk of over-capitalisation and in time your family could be living the dream - in the dream home - in the dream location.
Trendy cafes and restaurants, the Parap Swimming Pool, Shopping Village and iconic Parap Markets are within strolling distance and provide the ideal Saturday morning leisure options. A short drive or bike ride away Lake Alexander and the gorgeous Fannie Bay foreshore provide close at hand picnic options.
See George Pikos on site or call for more details 04 3800 4800